Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My BUSY Schedule!

I am just now getting a chance to check and return emails, phone calls, pay bills...etc. It has been an incredibly busy week! Natalie and I were both under the weather. My parents were in town, and I didn't really get to enjoy them being here. They asked to take Landri back to Plainview with them, which was great! I thought I was going to get so much accomplished while she was gone since that meant I would just have one baby at home then. I had plans to get caught up on laundry after falling WAY behind and plans to finish up baby thank you notes that I'm even more that WAY BEHIND on! I hope that it doesn't sound like I blame my precious almost 2-year-old Landri for not being able to do things, because that's not where I was heading. However, it was much quieter and a little easier with just a 4 month old. I missed Landri terribly. It's just that I set my expectations of myself too high most days. I want to do so much that I end up being disappointed. Needless to say, neither one of those things was finished. All because I didn't feel well. Now, Mom and Landri are back, and I am so glad!!!!! Landri is my little sunshine, and she just brightens up my day!

However, this is how the week has been. Monday was spent getting Landri ready for her first day of preschool at our church! (She is going to Mother's Day Out! YEA!!!!!) Then I picked up Noah and Lainie after school, and Mom and I took ALL FOUR to the mall to shop for shoes! Needless to say, we were all wiped out after buying 6 pairs of shoes. But, that's what happens, I've discovered, when you have FOUR kids! Tuesday was great. Landri went to "school" like a pro! She had her monkey nap mat, monkey lunch bag, diaper bag and of course her "tassy" (paci). She was so ready to go, that I could only snap two pictures because she was ready to go inside. It was really cute. Then Mom and I spent the day trying to prepare for a MOPS fundraiser, in which, Mom has a booth and is selling baby blanket sets with burp rags and bibs. Then it was time to get Landri from school, Noah and Lainie from school and take Lainie to ballet. To top it off, I still had to go to the grocery store and SAM'S Club for stuff for Josh's 40th birthday party. Meanwhile, Mom is at home trying to help with Noah's homework, help me with laundry and take care of Natalie. (I took Landri with me to ease the load.) Needless to say, again, we were WIPED OUT! However, today, takes the cake! If I could pack it full with things to do, I did. How I am still awake at almost 11 pm is beyond me. I started out at 4:30 this morning, so that I could make a 5:15 AM spin class. That is something I have never done before, but wanted to try! It was awesome, by the way, but I'm totally paying for it now!! Then I had to come home, make breakfast, lunches and get kids dressed and Lainie's hair done for school. Not only that, but I had to be there for an 8 am yearbook committee meeting. Then, I had Landri scheduled for her 2-year pictures, but that schedule went out the window, since she was up at 5:45 this morning. So, we had to do pictures sooner that we had planned in order to accomodate a soon to be tired toddler. Pictures went perfect, which was a pleasant surprise! Then we ate a quick lunch and put Landri and Natalie down for naps. I then had to pick Noah and Lainie up from school early in order to make our 4:30 appointment for the kids' Christmas pictures. I figured that with naps, I would have 2 chipper babies. We made it to the appointment on time, which in itself, speaks volumes, because we are never on time! However, here is where my expectations were set too high. Landri refused to smile or stand still for that matter. Mom and I were jumping around like weirdos, trying to make Landri smile. Everything she did while taking pictures this morning, she did the opposite of this afternoon. It was really out of character for her. Natalie, although happy as a lark, spit up EVERYTHING we had just fed her ALL over her new Christmas outfit! Not just once either, but 5 times!!! Again, by the time we made it through our 2nd round of pictures for the day, Mom and I were exhausted, to say the least. By the time pictures were ready, all the kids were fussing, crying, complaining, you name it! I still had to get gas, because I was on empty, get through rush hour traffic, figure out something for dinner and try to make it to choir rehearsal. I must be out of my mind, right? Well, I didn't make it to choir, but at least we made it through Chicken Express, bathtime and bedtime!

How, you ask?????

I have told you all this because, I can only say that it was by the grace of God and the help of my precious mother, that I was able to maintain a good attitude (with only a stumble here and there!) But, I still, even after a busy day like today, (and it's only Wednesday) I couldn't be happier! I love my life, my husband and my children. I wouldn't want it any other way! I know that I have been blessed and I AM truly thankful! I can't say that I have had the best attitude the whole time this week, but I know God is trying to teach me not to try to be Superwoman and actually focus on the really important things. I know I can handle my day better when I give my first fruits to Him! That is something that I am working on right now, "tithing my time". It is very hard for me to do that, but even when I fail at it, I still feel that desire to spend that time with Him, even if it means while I'm taking a shower! Pretty awesome to think that I can call upon His Name and praise Him even in the shower!!!