CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America chose!

Even though I am truly saddened by the election results, I am told by the Word of God that I am to obey the governing authorities. I woke up this morning with a horrible attitude. I did not want to accept the outcome, and it made my stomach churn at the thought of what our new president will change in our country. However, two of my friends have pointed out the 13th chapter in the book of Romans.

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Love, for the Day is Near
8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.[c]


I have a complete attitude change after reading this!!! Because I want to glorify and honor my Lord and Savior, I want to obey Him! So, instead of grumbling and complaining, I will support and pray for our new president, for I know that he has a tough job ahead of him. I pray that he will make good decisions. I strongly disagree with his views on MANY things. However, I will not be the one he answers to in the end when it comes to his supporting abortion and gay marriage, which the Bible tells is absolutely wrong. I trust my Lord, and I know that He will always take care of the things that I need. I will praise Him during every storm and every beautiful day! For Jeremiah 29:11 states: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I will remember this always, because I have a hope in my God!!!

1 comments:

Alyssia said...

Thank you, thank you for this!!! It puts everything into perpective.